You’re having a relaxing afternoon and want to watch TV. However, when you start watching your Samsung TV, you will notice that some applications are not working or loading, which is quite annoying. You will undoubtedly require a solution at this time. As a result, in this article, I will go over how to restart an app on Samsung TV in detail. Read the entire article and discover how to do it quickly.
How to Restart App on Samsung TV
In this section, I will go over numerous options for doing it correctly. You can choose any solution that meets your needs.
Method 1: Reboot Your TV with Its Remote
If you restart your Samsung TV, the App will also restart. When you press the power button on the remote, the TV does not switch off; instead, it remains in standby mode. As a result, rebooting the TV does not work. You can restart your Samsung TV in two ways. If you have a remote, this process will be very easy to restart the TV.
- First, make sure the TV is On.
- Now, hold your remote’s power button. The TV will turn off immediately, but you need to keep it pressed until the power comes back on.
- Press the Home button.
- Finally, open the App you were trying to restart.
After restarting the TV, the application should run. If this option doesn’t work, try another method.
Method 2: Switch to Another App
It is another simple method for restarting an app on Samsung TV. Like other smart TV operating systems, Samsung’s Tizen OS only allows one App to be open at a time. When a new app is launched, the previous one is closed.
- Press the Home button on your Samsung TV remote.
- Select an app other than the one you are trying to restart.
- Wait for the App to launch fully.
- Press the Home button again.
- Select the App you were trying to restart.
This method usually works most of the time. However, sometimes this method also doesn’t work. Don’t worry; I will share multiple options below.
Method 3: Reinstall the App
A simple restart isn’t always enough. If your App is still unstable, you can reinstall it. Make sure you have your app login information because this method will remove it.
- Press the Home button on your Samsung remote.
- From the display, select the Settings menu in the upper-right corner.
- Go to the App that you want to reinstall.
- Select Delete from the list of options.
- Now, return to the Home screen.
- Select the Search icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Search for the App and reinstall it.
Enter your login information and continue using the App again. This option installs the most recent version of the program from the start, so it should resolve everything from a settings issue to an outdated app.
Method 4: Reset Samsung TV Smart Hub
Although reinstalling the App should have removed all app-specific data, there is a more effective step you can take—the Samsung Smart Hub stores all of your Samsung TV apps and app-related settings. Resetting the Smart Hub will clear any settings connected to your apps, including the one you’re attempting to restart.
This method has some cons: it removes all of your Samsung TV apps. That means you’ll lose your login information and any app-specific settings. But if nothing else has worked, this is your last option.
- Press the Home button on your remote.
- Go to the Settings menu in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Select the Support tab from there.
- Go to Self-Diagnostics.
- Click Reset Smart Hub.
- You might be asked for a pin. The default pin is 0000.
After that, you must reinstall all apps, including the one you were trying to restart. If you do it correctly, all the problems will be solved.
See Also: How to Freeze The Chat On Twitch
Conclusion: I hope you know how to restart App on Samsung TV. Nowadays, watching smart TV is a very common scenario for most houses. The apps works on the smart TV might have problems sometimes. So if you ever feel any issues about restarting App on Samsung TV, this article will help you a lot. If you have more queries, please comment below so that our team can help you.