GearBoy is the perfect Emulator to play Nintendo Advanced GameBoy and GameBoy Color games on your iPhone and iPad. It is developed to play console games on iOS devices. If you are a big fan of GameBoy and want to play them on your iDevices, this is your chance to get it. Though this type of Emulator is not available on the official App Store, you have to download them from third-party sources. Here, we will share several methods to get this fantastic Emulator so that you can get it from your suitable platform.
Advanced GameBoy and GameBoy Color are the two most popular Nintendo console games around the world that were released a few years ago. So because of extreme popularity among gamers, the users tend to use these games on iOS devices like iPhone and iPad. However, these games are not available on the official App Store. So the expert developers have brought GearBoy Emulator, a simple console game emulator for iPhone and iPad. Without jailbreak, GearBoy supports iOS versions from iOS 7 to iOS 14. We have found two different methods to download and install this Emulator on iPhone and iPad. In the sections below, we will share each technique with the download file for your convenience.
Functions and Features of GearBoy
- No jailbreak is required.
- Easy-to-use and user-friendly interface.
- High-quality background sound emulation.
- The process of adding ROMs to GearBoy is simple.
- The navigation process is easy.
- Updated regularly by fixing bugs and optimizing user experience.
- Because of an accurate LCD controller, you will get a better emulator.
- It does not require much battery power.
- It emulates graphics and game sound.
- It contains the auto-saving option.
- No coding knowledge is necessary to understand the games.
- It comes with an integrated disassembler.
- iPhone Models: iPhone 8, iPhone 8+, iPhone X, iPhone 7, iPhone 7S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6Se, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPhone 4S.
- iPad Models: iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini, iPod Touch
You can use this app on your iOS versions from 7 up to the latest release. It is compatible with the following iOS versions.
- iOS 7.0, iOS 7.0.1, iOS 7.0.2, iOS 7.0.3, iOS 7.0.4, iOS 7.0.5, iOS 7.0.6, iOS 7.1, iOS 7.1.1, iOS 7.1.2.
- iOS 8, iOS 8.0, iOS 8.0.1, iOS 8.0.2, iOS 8.1, iOS 8.1.1, iOS 8.1.2, iOS 8.1.3, iOS 8.2, iOS 8.3, iOS 8.4, iOS 8.4.1.
- iOS 9, iOS 9.0, iOS 9.0.1, iOS 9.0.2, iOS 9.1, iOS 9.2, iOS 9.2.1, iOS 9.3, iOS 9.3.1, iOS 9.3.2, iOS 9.3.3, iOS 9.3.4, iOS 9.3.5.
- iOS 10, iOS 10.0, iOS 10.0.1, iOS 10.0.2, iOS 10.0.3, iOS 10.1, iOS 10.1.1, iOS 10.2, iOS 10.2.1, iOS 10.3, iOS 10.3.1, iOS 10.3.2, iOS 10.3.2.
- iOS 11, iOS 11.0, iOS 11.0.2, iOS 11.0.3, iOS 11.1, iOS 11.1.1, iOS 11.1.2, iOS 11.2, iOS 11.2.1, iOS 11.2.2, iOS 11.2.5, iOS 11.2.6, iOS 11.3, iOS 11.3.1.
- iOS 12, iOS 12 Beta.
- iOS 13.1, iOS 13 Beta
- iOS 14
Pre-Requisites to getting GearBoy Emulators
- iDevices that are iPhone 5 or above.
- Devices with iOS 7.0 and above.
- Internet connection to your iPhone.
- No jailbreaking
- Need minimum storage
Download and Install GearBoy using TweakBox
Step 1: Download the TweakBox app store and install it on your iOS devices.
Step 2: After installing, if you get the “Untrusted Developer” error, then go to the “Settings” option and navigate to the “General” menu then “Profiles,” and trust the GearBoy profile.
Step 3: Now, launch the TweakBox app and locate the emulator category.
Step 4: Search the GearBoy app and click to download it.
Step 5: Install it by following the on-screen instructions.
How to Install GearBoy Latest Version Using Cydia Impactor
Step 1: Download the GearBoy Emulator IPA file on your Windows PC.
Step 2: Now, download Cydia Impactor latest version for Windows.
Step 3: Go to the iTunes official website to get the latest version for the computer. If you have already installed it, then update with the latest version.
Step 4: Now, connect your iOS devices like iPhone or iPad to Windows PC using the USB cable.
Step 5: Run Cydia Impactor on your computer.
Step 6: Now, locate the GearBoy IPA file from the download folder, drag and drop that IPA file onto the Cydia Impactor.
Step 7: Enter your Apple ID and password for IPA signing.
Step 8: Click on the “Start” button and wait for a few moments to complete the signing process.
Step 9: Click on the “Profile and Device Management” from your iOS device.
Step 10: When all app certificates appear, select and tap on the sideloaded app’s certificate.
Step 11: Now, tap on the “Trust” button and close the ‘Settings” option.
Step 12: You are ready to use GearBoy on your iPhone or iPad.
How to Add Game ROMs to GearBoy
As you know, GearBoy is just an emulator, so it does not contain any games. You have to add game ROMs on this Emulator. To add ROMs, go to Google and search the ROM of your favorite Advanced GameBoy or GameBoy Color game ROMs. Now, download them and open them with GearBoy. However, make sure you download games from the trusted sources.
Advanced GameBoy and GameBoy Color are the famous Nintendo console games for the users. If you are a big fan of these games and want to play them on your iPhone or iPad, follow the above guides, and you will be able to play these games on your iOS devices.